Job Posting: Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator (6/27/17)
English for New Bostonians (ENB) invests in the future of our region by creating opportunities for immigrants to pursue their educational, economic and civic aspirations. We make and manage grants to ESOL programs, provide training and technical assistance (TA), and lead the statewide English Works Campaign, focusing on increased business investment in ESOL, policy advocacy, and capacity development. Each year, ENB programs provide a gateway for 1,100 immigrants to participate in Boston’s economic and civic life.
The Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator will serve as lead ENB staff on ensuring the success of our customized ESOL initiatives; provide training and TA to ESOL teachers, other ESOL program staff, and relevant partners; and develop and implement ENB’s training role in the ESOL system in Boston and Massachusetts. Some training /TA supports targeted grant areas, directed to students with specific experience or goals, such as parents, entrepreneurs, or those seeking new/better employment. This is a new half-time position and is scheduled to begin Summer 2017.
Overall Responsibilities Training and Technical Assistance:
- Facilitate regular meetings and provide training and technical assistance to specialized grantee cohorts including ESOL Pathways, ESOL for Entrepreneurs, and ESOL-Digital Literacy.
- Assist ESOL and relevant project partners to successfully implement programs;
- Train teachers to use customized curricula and integrate additional resources;
- Provide additional professional development and training (for example on student recruitment, retention and transitions);
- Cull information that drives a process of continuous improvement; and
- Work with relevant curricula developers and sites to ensure curricula meet student, program and ENB needs and goals, as needed.
- Provide volunteer tutor training, for tutors placed in ENB-funded programs;
- Work with ENB’s Program Manager to identify and address ESOL professional development and technical assistance needs;
- Assess funded sites’ program development needs;
- Provide TA to instructors, counselors, and other program staff, including programs/partnerships in planning phases.
- Help to identify and leverage new workforce and small business resources that will be useful to ESOL programs and students;
- Assist with development and dissemination of evaluation tools to measure system-, program- and student-level impact;
- Meet regularly with ENB Program Manager to coordinate program support (training and TA) with program management.
- Communicate about project progress with the ENB Program Manager and Executive Director;
- Provide monthly reports on progress of work, challenges and successes;
- Represent ENB in public forums, conferences and meetings.
- At least three years’ experience as an ESOL teacher
- Experience providing training and TA to ESOL, workforce development , and/or economic development professionals
- Experience with the Greater Boston/MA adult literacy system desirable
- Familiarity with career development, small business development desirable
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication, and computer skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle various projects simultaneously
- Ability to work as part of a team and in culturally diverse environment
- Bilingual/bi-cultural preferred
- Some travel may be required outside Boston.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and résumé, with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2017, with "Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as received. Please, no phone inquiries.
Vacation/sick/personal days, holidays, flexible scheduling.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Bilingual/Bi-cultural preferred, particularly in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, and/or Cape Verdean Creole.
Job Posting: Operations Associate (6/13/17)
Filling a newly created position, the Operations Associate will join a small, committed team, carrying out all operational duties to keep the organization financially sound, and maintaining relationships with vendors, partners and others. The Operations Associate will work closely with a senior finance consultant.
Job Title: Operations Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Overview: Provide business support to the organization in alignment with ENB’s procedures, mission and values.
Status: Part-time non-exempt (8-12 hours/week).
Work in coordination with the Executive Director and Finance Consultant to:
- Manage all human resource administrative functions of the organization, including:
- Payroll (processed by third party)
- Employee accrued time
- Serving as the primary contact between ENB staff and management, and third-party benefits providers including Retirement; Health/dental Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Coordinating recruitment efforts as needed
- Maintaining confidential HR files
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable (coding, payment processing, record keeping, etc.);
- Oversee monthly account closures and reviews of financial records;
- Oversee purchasing and maintenance of office supplies, equipment and technology;
- Serve as primary liaison with landlord and IT consultants. Serve as first responder to minor technical issues or challenges, work with staff to ensure smooth operation of technology; and
- Reconcile operations and accounting records with organizational database.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years’ work experience in related field.
- Excellent bookkeeping, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Prior knowledge of/experience with managing multiple users on a LAN network preferred;
- Prior experience working with accounting software; Sage 50 preferred.
- Willingness to learn new tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in culturally diverse environment, and appreciation for ENB’s mission.
- Bilingual/bicultural helpful.
Compensation: $25/hour plus flexible scheduling.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and résumé, with three references to email@example.com by June 30. Applications will be reviewed as received. Please, no phone inquiries.
ENB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply.
Americorps Host Site and Americorps Member Postings
Resources for Our Programs
Are you one of our funded programs? Be sure to check here for important updates, flyers, and other information.