English for New Bostonians offers training and technical assistance (TA) to all funded programs. Training and TA are provided by the ENB Program Manager and an expert consultant team. Topics include adult ESOL instructional methodology, curriculum, assessment, data/recordkeeping, and student referrals. Specific TA topics are determined by an annual survey of program need and ENB's capacity-building priorities. Specialized training and TA on developing ESOL partnerships with employers is also available for ESOL providers participating in the English Works Campaign through the English at Work Capacity-Building Initiative.
To register for upcoming trainings, contact Lee Haller
Recent and Training and TA Topics:
- Online job applications 101, including tips!
- Integration of Technology in Adult ESOL instruction
- Reporting student data with the new ENB reporting form
- Teaching Job Readiness in the ESOL Classroom
- Supporting Adult ESOL Learner Transitions to Higher Education, Skills Training, and GED
- Participatory Teaching Methodology in Adult ESOL
For more information, contact Lee Haller, the ENB Program Manager